Monday, July 4, 2011

Never Let Me Go-8

"Miss Lucy had left Hailsham and wouldn't be returning." (pg. 111)

The characters feel very real at this point. I thought a lot of the description and going on about sex was pretty unnecessary and uncomfortable, but I feel like most people around this age can relate to the feelings that she and her classmates are going through. There aren't any parents involved in these kids lives at all, which is something I'm not familiar with, so I can't relate on that. I guess a lot of the circumstances are very different, like being at a boarding school, but the whole "wanting to be a couple" or "being the odd man out" feelings are something that every teen goes through at one point.

Something big happened in this section; Miss Lucy left soon after her very important conversation with Tommy. From the beginning I noted how everyone placed such importance on creativity, and Miss Lucy's talk with Tommy strengthens that, although I still don't know what the big deal is about artwork and the Gallery. The revelation about them being clones is probably the explanation for Madame's reaction to the girls a few chapters back. I'm not really sure how the scene with her watching Kathy and crying has to do with anything. I think that these things somehow all fit together, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment