Thursday, July 7, 2011

Never Let Me Go-14

“I behaved towards both Tommy and Ruth as though nothing special had occurred, and they did much the same. But there was always something there now, and it wasn't just between me and them.” (pg. 198)

This last section was a huge turning point for the story. A lot happened in just a few chapters. I guess its been a long time coming though. Ruth is just awful. Maybe she thinks she's doing the right thing, but I think she's terrible. Leading up to these last few fights, she's treated Kathy and Tommy with no respect. Tommy needs to get away from her, and I commend Kathy's decision to do so. Maybe it was a bit rash, but I can't really blame her. Obviously, Kathy and Ruth meet up again in the future and work things out, but for now, the friendship is basically ruined, and I can't say its anyone's fault but Ruth's.

No comments:

Post a Comment