Thursday, July 7, 2011

Never Let Me Go-13

“'It's just that, well, I wish I'd found it.' Then he did a small laugh and went on: 'Back then, when you lost it, I used to think about it, in my head, what it would be like, if I found it and brought it to you. What you'd say, your face, all of that.'” (pg. 172-173)

It was really cute how Tommy went out of his way to help Kathy find her tape. I think Tommy is a really good guy, although he can seem a bit dopey at times. I don't really understand why he is with Ruth. They've been together since Hailsham, and maybe its just a relationship of convenience, because I don't see what the connection is between the two of them. Tommy seems to get along with Kathy a lot better, and she's so much nicer than Ruth. He obviously really trusts Kathy, as she is the first person he tells about his theory about the gallery. Ruth finally pulls the theory out of Tommy, but then she mocks him and twists it so it seems Kathy finds him ridiculous. Honestly, I think Ruth is a bit jealous of Kathy's and Tommy's friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment