Thursday, July 7, 2011

Never Let Me Go-17

“So that feeling came again, even though I tried to keep it out: that we were doing all of this too late; that there'd once been a time for it, but we'd let it go by, and there was something ridiculous, reprehensible even, about the way we were now thinking and planning.” (pg. 241-242)

Kathy and Tommy do finally get together, but its not until after Tommy's third donation. The book mentioned that Tommy would receive a notification for his fourth. How many organs do they have to give? The way the book has been, the way people treat them, I wouldn't be surprised if they just have to keep giving until their bodies give out. I guess I'm just stuck on what I mentioned in my previous blog. It's just all so hopeless. Kathy found Madame, but I can't honestly believe they'll be able to get a deferral. Even if they did, Tommy's given three vital organs, and his body probably won't be able to hold out much longer. Given the depressing nature of the story, I don't foresee a happy ending for either character.

No comments:

Post a Comment