Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Brave New World-17

"Grief and remorse, compassion and duty-all were forgotten now and, as it were, absorbed into an intense over-powering hatred of these less than human monsters." (pg. 212)

John has pretty much lost his mind. I completely agree that these people need to be freed, but randomly running around causing havoc is not the way to go about that. I'm surprised the Deltas didn't kill him for taking their soma. This doesn't seem like the kind of society that tolerates this type of thing, so I don't think these guys are going to be alive for much longer.

Bernard's reaction to the whole thing was, I thought, understandable for the kind of person he is. I have to say, I'm really surprised he didn't just run away. He's shown himself to be very fickle when it comes to friends, so I thought he would deny it when the guards asked if he were friends with them. It may not end well for him, but at least he wasn't a coward.

No comments:

Post a Comment