Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Brave New World-15

"Twenty-two years, eight, months, and four days from that moment, a promising young Alpha-Minus administrator at Mwanza-Mwanza was to die of trypanosomiasis..." (pg. 187)

Obviously, none of my predictions were right. Society doesn't change if they're still using the caste-system twenty-two years from now. I have to say a revolution wasn't really looking that promising anyway, but I still hoped.

My predictions about Lenina and John could not have been farther off. I thought that she might come to love him, but I think she's so well conditioned that love may not even be possible for her. I was not at all expecting that reaction from John. I think civilization is making him lose his mind. I'm not saying he should have been with her, but I was shocked by his violent reaction. Lenina, on the other hand, should have used some common sense to see that he wasn't going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment