Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Brave New World-12

"He put his hands over his ears and rushed out of the room." (pg. 152)

The Director is kind of a huge coward. And by kind of, I mean completely. I guess I don't really have anything to compare that to, but still. Thirty seconds ago, he was all high and mighty and about to send Bernard to Iceland. The fact that he changed so quickly from pompous leader to scolded school boy was shocking. He probably didn't really know what else to do, but I still would have expected more from him. However, I don't think we've seen the last of him. I would bet he's going to try to do something to get revenge on Bernard.

I also think the whole thing was kind of low of Bernard. He did have reason, because the Director was being a jerk, but springing Linda on him like that was low. Bernard should still have been the bigger person.

No comments:

Post a Comment